Executive Assistant -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Apply Now: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00018185&tz=G...
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78711
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: B19
Classification No. 0162
Job Posting No. 00018185
Monthly Salary: $4,075 - $4,800 /Month
Date Job Available: November 1, 2021
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: Job Description - Executive Assistant (00018185) (taleo.net)
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields 15P 56M, 68J, 92A, 92Y, AZ, YN, 641X – LDO, 741X – CWO, 360, 018, 0100, 0111, 0102, 0170, 4430, 3A1X1, 8A200 or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Inform...
Provides highly complex (senior level) professional assistance work for the Director and Librarian, Assistant State Librarian, General Counsel, and commission members. Manages the day-to-day activities of the executive office and provides responsive customer service to the public, the commission, government officials and agency staff. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of discretion and independent judgment.
- Supports all administrative aspects of the work of the Director and Librarian, executive office, and commission
- Answers inquiries from the public received in-person, by phone, and through mail and email
- Serves as liaison to the commission performing all administrative functions including meeting materials and travel.
- Coordinates internal and external agency events
- Serves as records management coordinator for Executive Office and maintains all files for the department.
- Performs administrative support work for the agency General Counsel.
- Prepares correspondence and writes and edits internal and external communications
- Attends work regularly and in accordance with agency policies and procedures
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree. Substitution: experience providing executive assistant or legal assistant/paraleglal experience can substitute for a degree on a year for year basis up to four years.
- Three years administrative assistant or legal assistant/paralegal experience
- Two years customer service/public contact experience
- Two years work experience using a computer and standard desktop software
- Experience coordinating travel
- Ability to write in a clear, concise, and organized manner for the intended audience.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with commissioners and agency staff
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and meet specified deadlines
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle stressful situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Meticulous organization and planning/coordinating skills
- Poise, and demeanor to communicate and deal tactfully with the public can commission
- College course work in Communications, English, Journalism, or related field
- Work experience in a state agency, particularly in the areas of supporting the work of commissions/boards and or legal assistance
- Work experience writing professional communications and editing documents
- State agency travel coordination or purchasing experience.
- Texas Notary Public certification
- In-basket exercise for grammar, spelling, and punctuation will be administered at time of interview
- Writing samples required at the time of application
- Overtime work may be required
Reports to the Director and Librarian, has no supervisory responsibilities