Learning Technologies Librarian -- Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary -- Austin, TX
Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary has a great opportunity for an organized and talented Learning Technologies Librarian to apply their expertise to support hybrid and online education for all degree and certificate programs and coordinate the use of new library technology spaces at Austin Seminary.
The ideal candidate has professional experience: administering and using a learning management system (LMS); using cameras and recording equipment; supporting online education; and knowledge of web authoring software, HTML, and CSS. The ideal candidate also has demonstrated success in teaching and training.
- Administers the school's Learning Management System (LMS) [Brightspace/D2L], and primary video hosting and recording platform [Planet eStream], including permissions and content management.
- Communicates best practices for hybrid and online learning and assists the faculty in the effective application of learning technology in the design of courses.
- Conducts training for students, faculty, and staff who use the LMS.
- Coordinates use of the technology classroom and media lab in the library, including training and troubleshooting, in consultation with IT.
- As a member of the library staff, works collaboratively on other library initiatives.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Master's of Library Science degree from a school accredited by the American Library Association, or an applicable master’s degree in learning technology, instructional design, or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate the use of computers / software, including Windows, Mac, and mobile, web browsers, word processing, database, and presentation programs, production tools such as iMovie, Final Cut, Audacity, Photoshop, Camtasia.
- Knowledge of pedagogical methods with digital tools.
- Proficiency with emerging learning technologies and trends.
- Knowledge of accessibility laws and guidelines.
- Special consideration given to candidates with Spanish language abilities.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to HR@austinseminary.edu
Review of applications will begin October 31, 2021, with a preferred start date of December 1, 2021. Position is open until filled.
Austin Seminary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and racial-ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.