Volunteer Services Coordinator -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: Talking Book Program
Position Title: Volunteer Services Coordinator
Apply Now: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00019221&tz=G...
Lorenzo de Zavala Bldg
1201 Brazos St
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: B13
Classification No. 5232/Volunteer Services Coordinator I
Job Posting No. 00019221
Monthly Salary: $2,800 - $3,150 /Month
Date Job Available: December 15, 2021
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: Job Description - Volunteer Services Coordinator (00019221) (taleo.net)
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields Army 25M – Navy MC – Coast Guard – none Marine 4612 Air Force 3N0X2 or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Inform...
This position performs routine (journey-level) volunteer services work for the Talking Book Program’s recording studio. Work involves coordinating the volunteer activities including training, recruitment, and retention of volunteers, and assesses and promotes volunteer services for the program. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
- Coordinates the activities of the Talking Book Program Recording Studio volunteers.
- Develops and implements strategies for recruitment and retention of recording studio volunteers.
- Monitors and tracks volunteer hours and progress on recordings.
- Completes statistical reports, contributes to newsletters, and other publications, in connection with the activities of the recording studio.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, speech, drama, public relations, business administration or related field (such as Radio–TV–Film/Broadcasting); and one year experience coordinating a volunteer program. Experience coordinating a volunteer program can substitute for a degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience writing articles for newsletters, press releases, and /or promotional/education materials.
- Computer experience using standard desktop software.
- Experience using and maintaining databases.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse people and to motivate both paid and unpaid workers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to monitor and review recorded books.
- Ability to train volunteers in complex tasks.
- Filemaker Pro experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Experience working with analog or digital recording equipment.
- Knowledge of Spanish language (written and oral).
- Complete college transcripts required, as applicable.
- Two writing samples must be submitted at the time of application.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends; M-F between the hours of 9am-8pm (flexible); required Saturday hours 9:30-1:30.
- Overnight travel—including out-of-state travel--occasionally may be required.
- Works under team leadership of the Administrator for Audio Production Services.
- Supervised by the Division Director, Talking Book Program.