Sr. Content Management Specialist (Sr. Library Specialist) -- University of Texas -- Austin, TX
- Monitor the full life cycle of monograph orders and continuing resources purchases and subscriptions, intervening and troubleshooting as required (e.g. investigating non-supply and initiating claims) to ensure accurate and timely order fulfilment, referring as necessary to appropriate supervisors.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date acquisitions and/or continuing resources information in the Libraries’ ILS, Alma
- Perform advanced work with package reconciliation and troubleshooting electronic resources access issues.
- Receive and process resources to ensure immediate availability of complete holdings, and longer-term selection/collation/handling of volumes for binding to ensure continued integrity and availability of collections for library users
- Undertake project-based work as required to accommodate wider policy and procedural changes.
- Participate in department meetings. Serve on committees, task forces, and working groups related to departmental responsibilities. Attend training initiatives as directed by supervisor or Head of Content Management. Maintain awareness of emerging technologies, standards, and technical issues relating to the procurement and maintenance of physical and electronic resources.
High school graduation or GED. Four years of library work experience or transferrable work experience in a related area such as purchasing. Experience processing purchase transactions in a public or private organizational setting. Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy in performing tasks. Demonstrated strong customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, manage workﬂows, and problem solve. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities. Effective oral and written communication skills. Understanding and appreciation of diversity and inclusion in a higher education context; ability to contribute to an inclusive and welcoming environment with a diverse workforce.
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
$38,000 + depending on qualifications
For full job posting details and to apply, please see Workday here: Senior Content Management Specialist (myworkdayjobs.com)