Librarian -- Pioneer Library System -- Moore, OK
MOORE PUBLIC LIBRARY
225 SOUTH HOWARD
MOORE, OKLAHOMA 73160
POSITION: Librarian – Information Services Desk
BEGINNING SALARY: Grade 10, Base ($45,600/yr)
Full-time position 40 hrs/wk. Must be available to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: January 04 through January 18, 2022
Provides high-level customer service by assisting customers in the use of Pioneer Library System’s resources; provides timely and accurate information and answers to research questions; develops and conducts programming. Working knowledge in the operation of computers, office machines, and standard office software products. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience:
- MLIS degree required from an accredited college or university;
- Some library experience preferred;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, education, and/or experience may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- a. Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Knowledge of electronic resources, internet and database retrieval;
- Ability to gain thorough knowledge of Pioneer Library System policies and procedures;
- Ability to develop and implement effective programs;
- Skills in working with public, public speaking and conducting effective library programs;
- Strong skills in written and spoken business communications;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs;
- Ability to retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 ½ feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
Applications accepted through January 18, 2022. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required. To apply for this position visit www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org – click About Us, Jobs@PLS link at bottom of page.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506, or by email, email@example.com.
Inspiring innovation, engagement and learning in our communities